There are various ways to prepare vegetables for the winter, but cooking baked vegetables for the winter is one of the easiest. Almost all work on them comes down to the need to heat the oven, cut and mix the ingredients, bake and put them in jars for storage.
Features of harvesting baked vegetables for the winter
Ingredients must be peeled and washed thoroughly before cooking. When placed in a mold, their pieces should lie freely.During baking, they are not mixed, it is only permissible to shake slightly. The fact is that baked vegetables are very fragile and can be easily damaged..
Requirements for the main ingredients
Baking products must be of high quality and free from obvious damage.
Roasting takes place in a special form. Rinse and dry completely before use. Immediately before placing vegetables there, it is lubricated with a thin layer of sunflower oil. In some recipes, the mold is washed with a little water.
The finished product is laid out in pre-prepared clean jars. They must be washed and dried.
The best recipes
The following is about the most famous and delicious recipes for baked vegetables.
At the stake
For cooking you will need: eggplants, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, asparagus beans, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
For dressing you need: soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and various spices (allspice and black pepper, coriander and paprika)
- Vegetables are washed and peeled. Onions are cut into rings, peppers - into strips, corn cobs - into circles, eggplant and zucchini - into small 1 cm pieces.
- Vegetables are placed on a wire rack and cooked over charcoal. The duration of the procedure is 3-5 minutes. Then sprinkle with finely chopped garlic.
- Next, prepare the dressing by mixing the necessary components in a separate bowl.
- Warm vegetables are poured with dressing and allowed to brew.
The cooking is now complete and can be served or used for canning.
In the oven
You can use almost any seasonal vegetable to make canned baked vegetables.
However, in order to give the dish a unique flavor, it is recommended that they contain a sufficient amount of bell peppers and hot peppers. Their distinctly perceptible taste and smell will give the baked vegetables a recognizable and unique aroma..
This recipe is calculated for the preparation of one liter of product. The time during which the work takes place is a little over an hour.
- a kilogram of zucchini;
- 300 g fresh tomatoes;
- the same amount of sweet pepper;
- chili three pieces;
- you need 280 g of onions;
- 200 g of celery;
- salt 12 g and sugar 30 g;
- vegetable oil needs 60 g.
- You need to wash the zucchini and cut them into pieces. The thickness should be between 3 and 5 mm. If zucchini has been prepared, then you do not need to cut them - in this case, the zucchini are taken whole for cooking. In mature specimens, peel off and peel off the seeds.
- Now we need to prepare the form in which the cooking will take place. It is greased with sunflower oil and slices of zucchini are placed. They must be loosely positioned on the form. If this is not ensured, the cooking quality will decrease.
- Now the sweet bell peppers are being prepared. They wash it, cut and clean out the seeds, cut off the stalk. The pepper should be cut into thin and long strips. Now it is added to the baking dish to the zucchini laid out there.
- Tomatoes are pre-cut into thin circles before adding to the general mixture. Their thickness should not exceed 5 mm.
- The bulbs are cleaned and washed. Then they are cut into thick circles and placed in a baking dish.
- It remains to add finely chopped celery stalks. The use of the root is allowed. It must be cut into thin slices before use.
- You also need to add a small handful of cherry tomatoes, as well as rings of finely chopped hot peppers.
- The prepared mix is thoroughly stirred by adding the required amount of salt and sugar and pouring with olive oil. In this case, you need to ensure that it covers all the pieces of vegetables.
- For cooking in the oven, you need to put vegetables there for 35 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
During the procedure, it is recommended to shake the mold slightly so that the products do not burn. The salad is stored in jars that have been prepared in advance; it should not reach one and a half centimeters to the neck. Canned vegetables can be stored in a cool place during the winter.
This baked vegetable salad is usually served warm.
To make it, you will need vegetables: 2 onions, 4 tomatoes, 4 sweet peppers, 4 garlic cloves, 2 eggplants.
You also need to take herbs for cooking: cilantro, dill and parsley.
For refueling you will need:
- lemon juice;
- olive oil;
- ground black pepper;
These components are added as needed.
- The oven should be preheated to 200 degrees. Vegetables must be peeled and washed.
- You will need 2 baking dishes. Pour half a glass of water into each. Onions and eggplants are placed in one, bell peppers and tomatoes in the other. Bake separately. The first form will take longer to cook than the second.
- To prepare the dressing, oil is poured into a bowl, salt, lemon juice, allspice and black pepper are added, garlic cloves are squeezed out. Beat the mixture with a fork, wrap it in cellophane and let it brew.
- Baked vegetables are peeled and cut. Finely chopped greens and cooked dressing are added to them.
The parts must be thoroughly mixed and allowed to brew. In this form, this dish can be closed in jars or served.
To cook baked vegetables in this way, it is enough to roll them up in carefully washed, pre-sterilized jars. The salad prepared from them can be rolled up without sterilizing the workpiece.
Storage rules for workpieces
The prepared conservation is sterilized. This requires a large saucepan filled with water for the jar hanger. A jar is placed on a linen towel, a lid is placed on top of it. The preservation processing time for a 0.5 l can is 15 minutes.
They are then covered and stored in a cool and dark place, such as a basement. For safety, they provide a temperature of 2 to 6 degrees Celsius.