This unusual variety has long ceased to be a curiosity. These fruits grow up to 80 cm long, have a smooth or lumpy skin. Most of all they fell in love for the delicate sweet pulp and pleasant aroma. Another advantage is their small, almost invisible seeds. Now every housewife wants to make a preparation for this miracle for her family. Therefore, recipes for Chinese cucumbers for the winter have become very popular.
Features of pickling long Chinese cucumbers
Many, first encountering these vegetables, think that it is hardly possible to prepare them for the winter. Despite their rather exotic look, they are great for pickling, pickling and preparing salads. The peculiarity of these vegetables is that they cannot be preserved whole in a jar. To make them fit freely, they need to be cut into digestible pieces and placed compactly.
How to choose and prepare a product
Cucumbers must be sorted out in advance, removing all dubious fruits. Wash selected vegetables, place in a deep basin and cover with water for 5 hours.
This is done to keep the cucumbers firm and crispy during further processing and storage.
How to prepare Chinese cucumbers at home
Although these vegetables are considered somewhat exotic, their preparation is no different from the usual. Housewives use the same ingredients as every year, collecting the usual cucumbers from their beds.
Canned cucumbers for the winter
According to this recipe, the blanks are crispy, aromatic and very tasty.
- cucumbers (how many will be included);
- Dill seeds;
- horseradish leaves;
- fresh garlic;
- spicy pepper;
- salt (a tablespoon per liter jar), for those who like more pickled cucumbers, the amount of this product can be increased;
- vinegar (25 grams);
- sugar (dessert spoon).
- Wash the cucumbers, remove the tails, cut into slices about 5 centimeters thick.
- Sterilize cans, boil metal lids.
- Put spices on the bottom, then cucumbers, salt, vinegar and sugar (you can salt to your liking).
- Cover with hot water, cover, sterilize for 7 minutes, roll up.
- cucumbers (based on 6 jars of 0.5 l each);
- salt (3 tbsp. l.);
- sugar (350 g, that's about 1.5 cups);
- mustard powder (1 tbsp. l.);
- vinegar (1 glass);
- water (1 l);
- allspice and dry bay leaf (to taste).
Important! The sheets should be intact, not broken off. The appearance of the marinade will depend on this.
- Peel off the skin from the washed cucumbers. Then cut so that you can easily fill a half-liter jar.
- Next, put in a clean, sterilized container. Each can contains a pinch of mustard, bay leaves and allspice peas.
- Mix water with vinegar and bring to a boil. Add granulated sugar and salt. Continue boiling until the ingredients are completely dissolved. Be sure to cool the finished marinade.
- Next, you need to fill each jar with it, cover with a lid and send it to sterilize for at least 10 minutes.
- Now the cans are quickly closed and turned upside down. Cover the blanks with a blanket until they are completely cool.
With red currant
- cucumbers (600 g);
- currants (3 leaves + a glass of berries);
- water (1 l);
- salt (2 tsp);
- for piquancy: a branch of dill, 3 cloves of garlic and 10 g of horseradish root.
- Sterilize the washed jars together with the lids.
- After that, fill them with cut cucumbers, herbs, horseradish and garlic.
- Add salt to clean water, boil and pour into jars.
- Cover and set aside for a few minutes.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan and repeat boiling.
- Pour cucumbers again and you can roll up the lids.
- Turn containers over and leave for several hours.
- When the workpiece has completely cooled down, it can be stored in a permanent storage location.
- cucumbers with small seeds (this is an important point) - about 1 kg;
- vinegar (apple) - 1 glass;
- sugar - 14 tbsp. l .;
- coarse table salt - 3 tbsp. l .;
- turmeric - ½ tsp;
- large onions - 2 pcs.;
- a dozen peas of black pepper.
To pickle vegetables, you will need to follow these steps:
- Cut off the ends of the washed dry cucumbers.
- Then they need to be cut into thin slices, and the onion should be chopped into rings.
- Put cucumbers and onions in a wide deep bowl, add salt, mix and put under a press.
- Then rinse the vegetables thoroughly.
- Pour vinegar into a saucepan, add granulated sugar, turmeric and peppercorns to it. The mixture must be boiled, stirring constantly.
- Now you can put cucumbers and onions in it and also bring to a boil. Put the resulting mass in jars, still warm after sterilization, and pour the prepared marinade. You can roll it up.
To fill 1 can, with a volume of 1.5 liters, you need to take:
- 3 long cucumbers;
- 5 tsp table vinegar + 2.5 cups of cooled boiled water;
- spices: 2 tsp sugar, 10 peppercorns, 3 cloves of garlic (for spicy lovers - 5), dill.
- Put finely chopped herbs and garlic on the bottom of a clean sterile container.
- Cut the washed cucumbers into longitudinal strips.
- Separately, in a saucepan, the water is combined with sugar, salt and vinegar.
- The prepared brine is poured into a jar. If it's not enough, you can add boiled water.
- The container is covered with a plastic lid and sent to the cold, marinate for a couple of days. All is ready.
It is best to store seaming with Chinese cucumbers in an apartment at a temperature not higher than + 15 degrees under a metal lid in compliance with the cooking technology. If the container is leaking, the temperature is not higher than + 10 degrees.